Posts in this series:
- Part 1: introduction
- Part 2: the database server
- Part 3: the Analysis Services server
- Part 4: the Reporting Services server
- Part 5 : the Sharepoint server
- Part 6: the TeamFoundation Server server
- Part 7: the TeamBuild server
During my work i had an interesting “challenge”: rename a server on which was installed TFS and all the needed components (WSS, SQL, RS, AS, Build). There are some documentation on how to rename each component but they are squattered in each product documentation so i decided to write a series of post specifying how to rename each component/server used by TFS.
For this series i’ll use the following architecture where each component is deployed on it’s own server:
All the servers are in the demo.local domain. Here’s how the components are installed:
- The SQL server db.demo.local hosts all databases (Sharepoint, Reporting Services and TFS).
- The Analysis Services server as.demo.local hosts the TFS cube.
- The Sharepoint sites use the domain account demo\wssservice.
- The TFS services use the domain account demo\tfsservice.
- The TeamBuild service uses the domain account demo\tfsbuild.
Here’s the context, on my next post i’ll start by renaming the database server